The Benefits of Coalition Membership
As a public / private partnership of businesses, not-for-profit organizations, educational institutions, and municipalities, the Middlesex 3 Coalition plays a vital role in shaping regional economic development priorities and policy. Members also receive specific tangible benefits from their membership:
1.) Access to key decision-makers and thought leaders from area businesses, academia, real estate, nonprofits, and local, state and federal governments.
- Through the Coalition, members lend their voices to programs and policies that impact regional economic development.
- M3 holds regular events attended by key municipal, regional, and federal stakeholders to promote development and advocate for the region.
- M3 facilitates a series of members-only stakeholder meetings, which focus on the M3 target areas and priorities.
2.) Business development assistance for members moving or expanding into the region. M3 can:
- Provide resources for infrastructure and transportation projects
- Facilitate employment and workforce needs, including grants and training programs
- Serve as a direct line to legislators
- Provide introductions to business, municipal and financial contacts
- Act as a resource to review and streamline the permitting process
- Aid in identifying potential development sites
3.) Access to the most up-to-date information on economic development initiatives happening in the M3 region.
- Members can attend monthly “What’s Happening” meetings where municipal leaders and/or area businesses share their projects and initiatives, as well as the status of infrastructure projects, zoning changes and real estate developments.
- Middlesex 3 members get access to economic development research, plus resources and events offered by other Coalition partners and members.
4.) A platform to promote business or services to key decision-makers.
- Opportunities are available for member companies to sponsor, speak at, and host Middlesex 3 meetings and events. M3 encourages authentic engagement through these events by showcasing subject matter experts, and industry opinion leaders, and by highlighting new technology and best-in-class developments.
- Middlesex 3 members and sponsors are recognized on the Middlesex 3 website and in the member newsletters and on social media.
5.) Entrance to Middlesex 3 programs and events for free or at a discounted rate.
- M3 provides its members (and their employees) free access to events, including the M3 annual meeting, business leadership forums, membership meetings, stakeholder meetings, and industry-focused roundtables.
- M3 members receive discounted access on co-branded programs and events, including the Top Places to Work Forum and NEREJ Annual Forum.
6.) Reduced admission to UMass Lowell’s Graduate, Online, & Professional Studies Programs
7.) Access to Coalition transportation resources.
- M3 members have access to alternative transportation information and resources, through the Middlesex 3 Transportation Management Association (M3TMA).
- Middlesex 3 members receive a discounted TMA rate.