The coalition is committed to addressing key issues within our communities, including:
- Improving Transportation
- Improving Education and Workforce Development
- Improving Infrastructure, Utilities & Real Estate Development
- Promoting and marketing Route 3 Corridor and area businesses
- Addressing business development concerns
Middlesex 3 Transportation Committee
- Advocates for better transportation linkages between employees and existing businesses and between public transportation services (i.e., LRTA and MBTA) with the Middlesex 3 Community Compact.
- Advocates for Transportation Improvements including road, infrastructure and alternative modes of transportation.
- Addresses Transportation Gaps with the Middlesex 3 Restaurant Initiative. – wWorks with Lowell to address and help provide transportation for 350 job openings in Burlington.
Middlesex 3 Transportation Management Association (M3 TMA)
A partnership between businesses and communities to solve transportation related issues such as traffic congestion, air pollution, and improved transportation options. www.middlesex3tma.com
M3 TMA services include:
- Carpools and an emergency ride home program
- Transit benefits and ride matching
- Shuttle services (between Boston, Cambridge and Route 3) and last mile connections.
M3 TMA Members with shuttle service from Boston and Cambridge include: The MITRE Corporation, E Ink, National Development, The District and The Davis Companies.
Education and Workforce Development Committee
- Includes educational institutions, governments, career centers, chambers, associations and businesses collaborating to address the needs of the business community.
- Hosts industry specific round tables to address industry needs.
- Creates industry consortium Workforce Training Grants.
Infrastructure and Development Committe
- Identifies impediments to improve the existing permitting processes.
- Reduces differences in permitting among nine communities.
- Adopts best permitting practices and identifies ways for communities to collaborate on joint issues.
- Improves responsiveness and coordination with utilities and public sector.
- Streamlines the permitting and utilities approvals for development.
Planning Directors Meetings
- Created to bring the planning directors together to look at ways to improve planning and permitting.
- Looks at each community?s practices compared with the best practices and creates steps for improvements.
- Permitting matrix of nine communities is available upon request.
Market and Promote the Middlesex 3 Corridor
- Emphasizes the high caliber of local companies and highlights available resources (quality of schools, labor market, infrastructure, real estate, quality of life, etc.)
- Marketing Initiatives, Press Releases, Media Events.
- Regional Business Development Guide.
- Route 3 Secondary Name.